Monday, November 21, 2011

A good People and Place photo

One takes many photographs which might help to fulfil a brief but may not be anything exceptional. Sometimes, one does make a photograph that stands out.

Dorothy unwell after lunch

When I showed this photograph to others, they immediately picked it out from a group even though there were other impressive images such as an Osprey with a duck in it's claw and a panoramic view of the Bristol docks. The assumption was that this image must have been set up when in fact it was not; Dorothy, a member of a group with whom I was lunching, had fallen ill after lunch and an ambulance had to be called which is why one sees a man leaning near her with a phone in one hand; this act further adds to the emergency of the scene.

The composition works since the figures are placed in such a way as to add to the dynamism of the scene and yet the distortion, although partially removed by a lens profile and some tweaking, rather lets down the reality of the scene unless one is prepared to accept this effect as adding to the atmosphere.

1 comment:

  1. I used to be recommended this web site by way of my cousin.
    I'm not sure whether or not this submit is written by way of him as no one else recognise such certain about my difficulty. You are wonderful! Thank you!
    Also visit my webpage :: reputation management

    ReplyDelete